Konkurs za studijsko putovanje podržano od strane Norveške ambasade
The Royal Norwegian Embassy and the Centre for Social Dialog and Regional Initiatives from Belgrade are proud to announce
Call for Application
THE NORWEGIAN EMBASSY STUDY TRIP 2011
The Norwegian Embassy Study Trip represents a great opportunity for the students of political sciences and security studies from Serbia and Montenegro to experience firsthand the functioning of the key international and security institutions in Europe.
The Norwegian Embassy Study Trip is a students’ study tour that will be organized from October 7th – October 16th, 2011, and will include visits to:
- In Geneva: The United Nations Office at Geneva, the International Committee of the Red Cross, the Permanent Mission of The Republic of Serbia to the United Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva and the Permanent Mission of Montenegro to the United Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva;
- In Brussels: European Parliament, European Commission and NATO Headquarters;
- In The Hague: the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) and the International Court of Justice;
- In Vienna: Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) and the United Nations in Vienna.
The travel and accommodation expenses are to be covered by the Royal Norwegian Embassy.
WHO WILL TRAVEL?
Based on eligible students’ participation in an essay competition, the review committee consisting of external evaluators and Embassy representatives will select 27 students who will go on this trip (9 from the University of Belgrade Faculty of Political Sciences, Belgrade; 9 from the University of Belgrade Faculty of Security, Belgrade; 9 from the University of Montenegro Faculty of Political Sciences, Podgorica).
For all selected participants a preparatory seminar will be organized in Belgrade and in Podgorica on October 1st and 2nd 2011. The seminars will provide an opportunity for the students to expand their knowledge on the institutions they are about to visit.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Students currently of the third year of undergraduate studies from the following institutions are eligible to apply:
- International Relations Department of the Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Belgrade;
- Faculty of Security Studies, University of Belgrade;
- International Relations Department of the Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Montenegro.
The grade average of at least 8.0 is required.
HOW TO APPLY?
In order to apply for participation in the Norwegian Embassy Study Trip 2011, students are expected to write a motivation letter of up to 500 words and an essay of maximum 1200 words, both letter and essay in English. The essay should be on one of the following topics:
1. EU external relations after the Lisbon Treaty: the impact on Serbia / Montenegro;
2. The role of the ICTY in the process of reconciliation in the Western Balkans;
3. NATO – a security guarantee for smaller states like Montenegro /Serbia?
4. The importance and influence of the UN – a need for reform?
All applications are to be sent electronically to the following email address email@example.com, no later than 5pm on Thursday 5th May 2011.
|Date||October 7th – October 16th, 2011|
|Place||Geneva, Brussels, the Hague, Vienna|
|Eligibility||Undergraduate students of the third year the International Relations Department of the Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Belgrade; the Faculty of Security, University of Belgrade; Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Montenegro|
|Participation Fee||No participation fee; Allowance of Euro200 will be awarded to all participants|
|Program Capacity||27 students; 9 from Faculty of Political Sciences, Belgrade; 9 from Faculty of Security, Belgrade; 9 from Faculty of Political Sciences, Podgorica|
|How To Apply||Send necessary documentation to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Deadline||May 5th (Thursday) 16:59PM|